Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Here!!!



I went to see about a Girl.
It was quite the trip, but I'm here and I'm with my girl. 


About the flight, I missed one from Dublin to Paris which allowed me to grab a couple of pints at the airport bar. I had some good conversations with the bartender and a British couple. I didn't get to celebrate the new year on the plane because I wasn't very conscious at any point. It was just too much to stay awake. I made it to Paris and my girl in one piece but my luggage got lost somewhere, which turned out fine because I didn't have to lug it around at all through Paris, and it will just get sent to me in Gueret.

The bakeries are awesome! That's all I got to say about that. I had frog legs and rabbit my first night. It was mediocre. It was in the Latin quarter, which seems a little touristy, so that's probably why it wasn't great.

The apartment we stayed at was really cool. It was in an old building with a tiny elevator. We were on the sixth floor and could see all sorts of sights from the window, so no reason to leave , right? We had a great sun set the second night we were there. It was very romantic.

We had a bad day the day we left. Very rushed, and we couldn't get the money I sent over a few months ago, but we will be back to paris probably for the weekend coming up,  we will get it then. No worries, It's easy living right now.

So currently we are in Gueret at Gigi's apartment. We have walked around town a bit, and have been to the grocery store and bakery. We had a really nice dinner last night in a small restaurant on top of a hill. The streets are narrow and packed with old buildings, which is typical, I guess. I have only seen it in the movies, so I'm still in love with it. I have already entered my first abandoned building, walking home last night, and took a few pictures. I don't have my tripod yet, so things are gonna go down when that comes to me tomorrow.


Some of the regular stresses are getting to me about traveling. I'm having really irregular sleep right now, and Kendra, Gigi's good friend and  co-worker, missed her bus last night, so she slept over, and I only got a sliver of the bed, which isn't her fault, its both their fault.


So all in all its working pretty good so far. I've been having a blast and can't wait to get back out into this town tonight.


Thank you all so much for wishing me a safe journey, I really appreciate it, and it worked. All of the going away celebrations were a blast and we did it right, I might actually want to come back at some point. Thank you thank you thank you to My parents, my brother, my friends and families. Thank you.


3 comments:

  1. i just saw _good will hunting_! what're the odds? glad you made it safe! have fun & tell gigi i say, "salut!" xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your having an interesting and good time. Also tell Gigi I say hello! Peace and good wishes, Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I am the first FAM on our side to write, but this is probably the only time I will ever write you so I'm not all that impressed(with myself that is), I'm very impressed with your pictures and story so far. I hope the rose colored glasses last forever if that is indeed what is making France seem so completely wonderful. I'm happy you made it safely and that Gigi is well. What did you mean by things going-down after your tripod showed-up? In my world that still means that someone is going to get their ass handed to them. see ya cuz - Mara

    ReplyDelete