Thursday, January 15, 2009

Missing...

Sorry I have been absent of my bloggings lately. I can't say I have been up to a whole lot, but I'm sure once I get writing I will contradict myself shortly.

As I have mentioned before, Gigi and I were hoping to get a dog that we met a few days ago. The dog, Tina, was out in the yard and her owner Bruno was cleaning out the house. We played with Tina a bit, and Bruno came over and talked to us for a short while, and offered us the dog. We left a note the next day to tell him we were interested. Long story short, for the past few nights we have been getting messages from him, around 3 in the morning, confessing his love to Gigi... SHUT IT DOWN! we're walking away from this one.

Last night Gigi and I went to the community center to listen to a quartet of strings. It was beautiful, and the boys were easy to look at as well. It was an awesome event, and the room was full of families, and young children. It's nice to be in a small community that values the fine arts. So now we have found out what our night life will consist of, having a cocktail and heading down to the community center for a performance. There is a hip-hop project coming soon.


I went to the bakery today, and spoke enough french to get a baguette. I'm proud, and Gigi is prouder. She's gonna send me to do all the grocery shopping now, I just know it. Another first, A protest walked down the street today. It was a small one. It was all high schoolers. I don't know what they were protesting, but they thought I looked funny popping out of our apartment hole to take pictures.

Gigi's making dinner right now, and between now and that last statement we have finished dinner, and it was awesome. Speralina D'alsace Noodle, with sausage, broccoli, and green pepper with green curry powder. 

Oh, and what a few weekends we have planned for ourselves. This weekend, we are going to visit Kendra, and eat at a really good restaurant called the Craperie, and have king cake with another couple, Then we will be making it over to Aubusson to visit Elena who is another english teacher from Moscow. Lots of traveling around this small area on a bus, but it should  be quite the experience, then the weekend after we will be going to PARIS, and staying in a palace of an apartment.  Not as good of a view as the last one, but its two stories, Huge, and of course its owned by someone Gigi knows, so we probably won't be paying a dime. We will finally be getting the money I sent over, like a month ago, and we plan on buying bikes. We have been shopping this little shop on-line, and have picked out our favorites. They're used, and very european, so I will be sending pictures of our little buddies once we get them. Bikes have been missing from this plan for a while, and they need gears because this town is hilly. 




Well thats enough for now. We have been listening to Andrew Birds new album, and it's fantastic. I remember hearing the song Anoanimal at the walker's rock the garden, and I love it even more now. check it out, and I think we will be seeing Che tonight. I didn't know that it's a two part movie. We also have been listening  to Akron/ Family, and thats really good as well. of course Bjork too, and Chicha Libre, Delta Spirit, Emily Haines, The Gap Band, Grizzly Bear, Peter Bjorn & John, Rory Gallagher, Solid Gold, Thom Yorke, and Gigi's favorite Youssou N'Dour.

Get it and plug in.


Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment